Xiaomi has introduced 200W HyperCharge Tech to fully charge a phone in about 15 minutes.
- Xiaomi has introduced new 200W wired and 120W wireless HyperCharge tech.
- The new wired charging solution can charge a 4,000mAh battery in about eight minutes.
- The wireless HyperCharge implementation can fully charge a device in about 15 minutes.
Xiaomi has been one of the top companies developing new charging tech. The company has again introduced the fastest 200W wired and 120W wireless charging for charging smartphones.
The company calls the new charger HyperCharge, same as what its offshoot Black Shark calls its charging tech. Xiaomi says its 200W HyperCharge tech can top up a 4,000mAh battery to 100% in just eight minutes. Meanwhile, the new 120W HyperCharge method takes only 15 minutes to fully charge a device.
Xiaomi also posted a video of how HyperCharge works on a custom build of the Mi 11 Pro. Sure enough, the phone reaches 50% capacity in just three minutes, going all the way up to 100% in a few seconds under eight minutes. The video also shows the Mi 11 Pro wirelessly charging at 120W speed, reaching a 10% charge in just a minute and 50% in seven minutes.
Xiaomi has not said anything about implementing its new 200W wired and 120W wireless HyperCharge tech on phones. In theory, such fast charging could produce more heat and lead to faster battery degradation.
Xiaomi’s 120W wired charging left us concerned about high charging temperatures in our testing. We found that it’s best for quick top-ups rather than a full charge. With 200W wired charging, excess heat generation could be an even bigger problem. However, we’ll only know when and if we get to see it in action.
- Top Best Infinix Mobile Phones With Front Fingerprint
- Best Quad Camera Mobile Phones You Can Buy
- Best Upcoming Foldable Phones 2021 You Need To Know
- Best Samsung Camera Phones You Need To Know 2021
- Best Google Smartphones You Need To Know