Like a cast iron pan, your real waffle iron (or waffle machine with cast iron plates) needs to be cleaned and seasoned before being used on a stovetop burner. The majority of contemporary electric waffle makers feature non-stick plates that don’t need to be seasoned and won’t rust.
Read also: Should Curtain Match The Wall Or Couch
How Often to Clean a Waffle Maker
If you want delicious waffles, give the waffle maker a quick clean after each use to get rid of any residual oil that could go rancid and any stuck-on particles that might draw bugs and promote bacterial development. After that, deep clean at least once a month. If you only sometimes use the waffle maker, give it a deeper, more comprehensive cleaning before putting it away.
How To Clean a Waffle Maker
Unplug and Cool Down
- Waffle irons should be unplugged and allowed to cool down before cleaning. Go enjoy your waffles that were just created.
- Spend a moment reading the user manual’s cleaning instructions if this is your first time using the maker.
Get Rid of Crumbs, Oil, and Stuck-on Batter
- Use a soft-bristled brush or a dry paper towel to remove any remaining crumbs from the waffle plates.
- Using the corners of a paper towel, fold it into a square and insert it into each crack in the grid to absorb any extra oil.
- Use a paper towel and a few drops of vegetable oil to wipe the oil onto the hardened batter to soften any baked-on batter that is sticking to the outside borders.
- It’ll quickly become softer and removable with a wipe.
Clean the Waffle Plates
- If the waffle maker’s plates are removable, you can either hand-wash them in warm, soapy water or, if the manufacturer advises, put them in the dishwasher.
- Combine two cups of warm water with a few drops of dish soap for stationary dishes.
- Moisten a cloth, non-abrasive sponge, or dish brush with soft bristles with the solution. After removing the extra water, give the plates a light scrub.
Make every effort to enter every crack.
- Wipe any remaining soap residue from the plates using a clean microfiber cloth that has been dipped in fresh water and wrung out until it’s just damp.
Clear the Waffle Maker’s Exterior
- To clean the maker’s exterior, use a cloth and the same warm, soapy solution.
- After cleaning every surface, wipe it again with a fresh, moist towel.
- Before storing, thoroughly dry both the interior and outside of the waffle maker with a clean, dry cloth.
- Before storing, replace the dry and clean detachable plates.