Are you looking for a guide on why your Facebook marketplace icon is not available? Here is a comprehensive and straight to the point guide on why Facebook Marketplace Icon Is Missing in 2021. Thus, if you want to figure out how to reinstate your facebook marketplace icon, this article will really take you through every single thing you need. Keep reading below:
Would you like to use the Facebook Marketplace service but can’t seem to find the icon? Well, there are a few reasons the icon is missing from your account. Keep reading to find out these reasons.
Why Facebook Marketplace Icon is Missing
Reasons for missing Marketplace icon will be discussed in this post under two sub categories – one being for new Marketplace service users and the other for existing Marketplace service users.
Reasons for Missing Marketplace icon
A. New Marketplace Users
If you’ve never used the Marketplace service on your Facebook account, but yet can’t find the icon, the reasons could stem from the following.
1) You’re under the age of 18 years – Facebook only allows users up to the age of 18 and above to use this service.
2) Unavailability of service in your country – The Marketplace service is only supported in 50 countries as of now. If you’re not from any of these regions, you’ll not have access to the service. Countries supported include the US, UK, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Greece, Mexico, India, etc.
3) You’re using the iPod Touch – All Android and iOS devices can access the Marketplace service except the iPod Touch.
4) Your Facebook account is new – Not all new users are allowed access to this service. This is Facebook’s way of ensuring that scammers blocked from previous accounts don’t set up new ones to make fake sales.
5) Dynamic Menu – Facebook shortcut features/links appear on the left side of the Facebook page based on how frequently you use them. Being that you’ve never used the Marketplace service, its link will likely not be shown in this area. However, tapping the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) should make more features/links visible, including that of the Marketplace.
B. Existing Users
The reason for the missing Marketplace icon on existing users’ accounts could be from;
1) Dynamic Menu – If you’ve gone for some time without using the Marketplace service, its link will gradually descend to the bottom and will eventually not be visible. Tapping the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines icon) will expose more shortcuts/links including that of the Marketplace.
How to Get Marketplace on Facebook
If you do not have Facebook Marketplace on your account, a few hacks can be applied to get it – being that you’re eligible to access it. These include;
- Logging out and logging back into your account.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling your Facebook app.
- Changing your home country to one supported by Facebook Marketplace.
BONUS: How To Create Facebook Account
Facebook is pretty easy and free to signup. Without an account on facebook, you can’t use facebook marketplace and every other free feature on the platform. Thus, if you are a business person and searching for a platform where you can advertise your business for free, facebook is the best platform for you.
On facebook, you can use your facebook timeline, your facebook business page, your facebook groups, and other buy and sell groups to promote your business for free. You can also use facebook marketplace to advertise and sell your products. Here are the steps you need to follow to easily create a facebook account:
- Visit facebook.com on your browser
- Next, click create new account
- fill out the registration form
- Click signup
- Go get the confirmation code that has been sent to either your phone or email
- Enter the code
- Click submit
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily create a facebook account. It is that simple and easy. Try it and you should be able to create your facebook account that can access every free feature on the platform.
That is it on Here Is Why Facebook Marketplace Icon Is Missing in 2021. I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share!!!