Hot oil treatments are a popular choice for preserving and restoring dry, fragile hair.
Hot oil treatments seal the hair cuticle and are made from plant-based oils including olive, almond, and coconut. This might assist to protect and strengthen your hair.
A hot oil therapy can be obtained in a variety of ways. You have the option of going to a salon. You can also try a do-it-yourself (DIY) hot oil treatment at home if you’re seeking for a more cheap solution. You can also purchase a ready-to-use heated oil.
However, before you use a hot oil treatment, be sure it’s appropriate for your hair type and that you’re aware of the potential risks.
Many of the plant oils used in hot oil therapy include protective and moisturizing characteristics that may benefit your hair.
Hot oil treatments may also provide the following advantages:
enhanced hair vigour
both the scalp and the hair are less dry
dandruff treatment assistance
Frizz is lessened
there are fewer split ends
increased blood flow to the scalp, which may aid in hair growth
How to apply hot oil treatment
Choose the type of heated oil you wish to use before you begin. Olive, almond, and jojoba oils, as well as coconut, avocado, and argan oils, are all popular choices. Follow these procedures for a DIY hot oil treatment once you’ve selected the oil you wish to use.
- Wash your hair beforehand. On clean hair, hot oil tends to work best. This enables the oil to penetrate the hair cuticle thoroughly.
- Microwave 3 to 6 teaspoons of the oil in a microwave-safe basin for 10 seconds after you’ve rinsed your hair.
- Test a little bit of the oil on your wrist before applying it to your moist hair and scalp to ensure it isn’t too hot.
- Place a towel over your shoulders to cover your clothes. You can apply the oil in the shower if you like.
- Brush any knots out of your hair using a brush.
- Massage the oil into your scalp and distribute it evenly throughout your hair.
- Wait up to 20 minutes with a shower cap on your head.
- After 20 minutes, thoroughly rinse the oil out of your hair and use your regular conditioner.
Read also: How To Get Soft Hair Naturally – fashion