How To Start a Conversation on Facebook Dating: It’s no secret that people are flocking to dating apps like Tinder in droves. Coupled with the fact that online dating has become so common and accessible, it’s no wonder so many people have chosen to take things into their own hands.
If you’re looking for a serious relationship, dating apps like Facebook Dating are a great way to explore people that you might not have crossed paths with otherwise.
However, if you’re new to the idea of dating, it can be a little daunting. That’s why we’ve compiled this list of tips to help you get started. Read on to learn more about how to start a conversation on Facebook Dating, and get the date rolling with the person you want to spend the rest of your life with!
What is Facebook Dating?
Facebook Dating is a new feature by Facebook that was released in 2018. It’s essentially a more personalized Tinder, where you search for people in your area to chat with and potentially date.
One of the most important things to keep in mind when using Facebook Dating is that it’s not only about finding a partner—it also helps you find new friends, even if they don’t turn into anything.
Facebook Dating is just one of many different ways to communicate with other people, so it’s important not to put too much pressure on yourself or your date. You can always swipe left or right, but it’s up to you to decide whether the conversation continues or not. Here are seven tips for starting a conversation on Facebook Dating:
- Keep the conversation light and playful for now; don’t talk about your deepest darkest secrets just yet!
- Playfully ask them what their favorite thing about themselves is (everyone loves talking about themselves!).
- Ask them what they do for fun (they might be interested in something you enjoy as well!).
- Tell them why you’re using Facebook Dating (the worst thing they could say is “thanks”).
- Don’t mention anything too personal just yet; keep it light and casual until there’s more interest.
- Be honest; tell them how you’re feeling if there’s mutual attraction! And last but not least…
- Have fun!
How to Start a Conversation on Facebook Dating
There are many ways to start a conversation on the dating apps, but one of the most effective ways is to simply ask them about something they’ve said in their profile. This is a great way to get a conversation going, as people are more inclined to answer your question than give you an automatic “No” or “Yes.”
You could ask if it’s okay to message them, or what their favorite show is. Another great thing about this approach is that you already have something in common with them! Another great way to start a conversation is by giving them advice about the dating app itself.
Something like, “Do you think it’s okay to swipe right on everyone?” This can open up an interesting discussion and give you two something to talk about that might not otherwise come up.
Here are the steps you need to follow to easily start a conversation on facebook dating:
- Login to your facebook app profile account
- Next, tap the three-line icon at the top right corner of the facebook app
- Tap dating from the dropdown menu. Bear in mind that you will need to tap see more if you do not see the dating feature and you should see it. Once you see it, tap on it to proceed to the facebook dating homepage
- Next is to go to Their profile photo and tap on it.
- Afterward, the option to start a conversation with be displayed tap on and it.
- Lastly, type a conversation you would like to start with.
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily start a conversation on facebook dating. It is that simple and easy.
Best Tips for Getting the Date Started
As we said before, people are flocking to Facebook Dating these days. It’s no secret that people are interested in finding a lasting relationship, and dating apps like Facebook Dating allow them to explore their options. However, if you’ve never been on an online dating site before, it can be difficult to know where to start.
So, here are tips for getting the date started:
1) Take The Time To Write A Great Profile Your profile is the first impression for any potential date. With so many other profiles out there vying for attention, it’s important that you stand out from the pack. A good profile will usually let someone know if your values align or not from the get-go. For example, if you indicate in your profile that you’re looking for long-term commitment but someone only wants something casual, it may be best not to proceed with this person at all.
2) Make Conversation After connecting with a new match on Facebook dating, things can get a little awkward. This is because you don’t know what the other person is thinking or feeling yet. One way to break through this awkwardness is by making small talk about what they’re doing currently or what they did recently. It’s also helpful when making small talk to discuss why they joined Facebook dating and how they feel about it so far.
3) Send Them a Message Typically after a brief conversation has taken place between two of you.
Know what you’re looking for
The first step to dating online is knowing what you’re looking for. Are you looking for a casual fling?
A long-term relationship? Someone who shares your interests? Whatever it is, be honest with yourself and make sure that you know what you want. Once you know what kind of person you’re looking for, try setting up a profile that reflects those preferences. If your ideal partner does not exist on Facebook Dating, there’s no point in wasting time with someone else.
Be open-minded and flexible
The first thing you should do when you start a conversation with someone on Facebook Dating is be open-minded and flexible about what might happen. Finding your soulmate through an app is not the same as finding them in real life, so don’t expect that sparks will fly immediately. You have to let things develop at their own pace.
In general, the more you chat with people, the more likely you are to find someone who makes you feel good and shares your interests. Take it slow and enjoy the process of getting to know people. Don’t worry if it takes some time to find a match – it’s worth it!
Talk about your mutual interests
Start with something that you both have in common. Find out what your match is interested in and talk about it. This way, you’ll have an idea of what they are into and what their interests are outside of the app.
Discussing your mutual interests will give you a chance to see if there is any potential for a relationship. It may also help you find out if there are things that your match likes to do that you enjoy as well.
For example, if your match shares that they love playing poker, then you may want to share that you enjoy playing poker as well! Don’t forget to be yourself! Be honest with your matches and always be mindful of their feelings.
The best way to start a conversation on Facebook Dating is by being yourself from the very beginning so that the other person knows who they are talking to and can feel more comfortable.
Make an effort to get to know your match better
If you’re new to the dating scene, there are a few things that might be in your way. One is nerves. Another is time. To combat both of these obstacles, it’s important to make an effort to get to know your match better from the onset.
One great way to do this is by asking questions. If you already know something about their life, ask them what they think or how they feel about it. This helps you get an idea of who they are before you jump into a deep conversation with them on Facebook Dating.
There are also plenty of interesting questions floating around on the internet that you can use as fodder for discussion if need be. Another great tactic for getting to know your match better is by sharing personal details about yourself and letting them do the same.
Asking a question and providing an answer creates a two-way dialogue, which can help alleviate any awkwardness or nervousness when it comes to starting a Facebook Dating conversation!
Ask them out!
The first step to getting the date rolling is to ask them out! You can do so by sending a message that conveys your interest in them or their profile. It’s good to be straightforward and state that you like their photo, or that they seem interesting and you want to get to know them better.
If they don’t respond after a few days, send another message. This will show them you’re interested and make it less likely that they think you’re just being polite.
Leave a good first impression
The first impression is really important in any relationship. And when it comes to meeting someone on Facebook Dating, this rule can’t be overstated. The goal here is to make a good first impression and make them want to know more about you. You want the person you’re chatting with to be curious about who you are as a person.
Keep your profile picture up-to-date with a recent photo of yourself that looks like your best self. Make sure it’s clear and in focus, so people can see what you look like without having to ask for additional information.
A great way to start a conversation on Facebook Dating is by sharing an interesting article or thought on something that interests both of you, and then following up with how you feel about the topic or why it caught your attention.
You could also share some personal facts that makes you unique as a person (and which will give the other person insight into who they might want to spend their time chatting with).
One of the most important things you can do when it comes to starting a conversation on Facebook Dating is to be genuine. This means not trying to act like someone you’re not. It also means considering what your best qualities are and highlighting them in your profile. Remember that this is not only about you, but about finding somebody who is compatible with you.
It’s also important to read through a person’s profile before messaging them. You want to make sure that you have some things in common and that there will be some non-awkward conversation topics available for the first date.
Once you start chatting, don’t forget about body language! Body language speaks volumes, so make sure that your tone, gestures, and expressions match up with what you are saying. Your goal should be to build rapport rather than just talk at someone or expect them to talk back at you.