Crochet is a very easy and simple to make protective hairstyle that involves braiding, weaving, and installing synthetic hair or extension into your natural hair.
These hairstyles don’t really need much maintenance and they are easily mistaken for box braid plus they are protective hairstyles for black hair.
These is very cheap and last long plus you can make it on your own as long as you know how to cornrow your hair and note your cornrow dont need to be perfect since it will be covered.
Read also: Protective hairstyles and it’s benefits
What you need
- Wide-tooth comb
- Rattail comb
- Hair growth oil (optional)
- Two bundles of crochet hair
- Crochet hook/ latch hook
Steps to install crochet
- Wash your and scalp properly with both shampoo and conditioner.
- Moisturize your hair with styling cream, leave-in conditioner, oil or mousse.
- Stretch your hair though this step is optional.
- Make your natural hair into a cornrow.
- Fix thread into needle.
- Ensure to sew any loose end of your natural hair at the back of your head.
- Push the open crochet hook into one of the braid then place the loose hair extension on the hook then pull it out.
- Once the center of the loose hair extension is at the other side of your braid use your hand to open the crochet center to create a loop then put in the end of the crochet hair through the loop then pull it tightly.
- Repeat the process from the back of your head to the front while leaving a little space so it dont get too heavy.
And thats it you are done making your beautiful crochet protective hairstyle, dont forget you can spice it up by using colored extensive hair.
Read also: Beautiful Box Braid – Protective hairstyle