By now, you’ve probably heard that Facebook has a new feature called Facebook Dating. After years of having various dating apps and services compete with one another on the same platform, it seems like Facebook is finally ready to integrate dating features into its network. However, as is often the case with these types of announcements, not everyone is thrilled about the changes that are coming to Facebook.
If you haven’t already signed up for the new feature yet and you don’t know whether it’s worth exploring further, there are some good reasons why you may want to take advantage of this new feature in the future.
Let’s take a look at what some users have said about their experience so far with the new dating functionality on Facebook.
What is Facebook Dating?
Facebook Dating is a new feature that allows users to find new romantic connections through the social network. After signing up, you can search for potential matches by selecting your location and selecting the type of people you’re seeking. You can also select a few interests to narrow your search even further.
Once you start searching, Facebook will show you profiles of people who are nearby and might be interested in dating you. You can like, comment on, and view the interests of other users in your area, as well as send private messages to potential matches to start conversations.
Facebook Dating isn’t meant to replace dating apps or sites. You can’t make plans with people you meet on Facebook Dating, but you can easily talk to those who pique your interest. When you find someone you’d like to meet in person, you can invite that person to coffee or arrange a date.
However, it is important to note here that facebook do the matching for you. That is required of you is to fill out your account registration accordingly.
Why Should I Use Facebook Dating?
Dating apps and websites are constantly rolling out new features designed to make them more appealing to users. While Facebook Dating isn’t likely to revolutionize the way we meet new people, it does offer some advantages over traditional dating apps.
For example, Facebook Dating is much more convenient than other options since you don’t have to download an app or visit a website to make use of the features.
You can access Facebook Dating from a cellphone, and you can do so at any time of day or night. Facebook Dating is also more discreet than other dating apps. Unlike other services that show you a detailed photo of who you’re interacting with, Facebook Dating only shows you the person’s name, gender, and approximate location.
In addition, Facebook Dating provides an easier way to meet new people than other options. Unlike other services that require you to find matches and then initiate conversations, you can start conversations with people you’re interested in right away on Facebook Dating.
Disadvantages of Facebook Dating
Before you get too excited about the new Facebook Dating feature, it’s important to note that there are some significant limitations to the way Facebook Dating works.
First, you’ll only be able to use the feature on your phone.
So, if you’re looking to use Facebook Dating on your phone and try to access it on a desktop computer, you won’t be able to see anyone.
See: Selling On Facebook Marketplace Free
Second, Facebook Dating doesn’t allow for in-person meeting like other dating apps do. When you’re using Facebook Dating, you and the other person are only able to communicate via Facebook.
How to Sign Up for Facebook Dating
If you’re interested in setting up a dating profile and browsing through your Facebook matches’ photos, you’ll need to sign up for the new feature. If you’ve already downloaded the new app, you can also access the dating experience by going to your Facebook app and selecting the menu button and then tap dating icon in the top right corner.
How to sign up facebook dating profile is pretty simple and easy. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Login facebook app
- Tap on the menu button
- Tap dating from the dropdown menu
- Tap get started
- Follow the onscreen instructions to completely set up your facebook dating profile
It is that simple and easy.
Tips for Successful Facebook Dating
- Try not to be too restrictive with the interests you select when you first sign up for Facebook Dating. If you select too broad an interest, the people who are interested in those things may not be interested in you, making it difficult to find someone who’s a good match. If you’re looking for a specific type of person, try selecting interests that are common among that group.
- Be careful not to overshare when you’re using Facebook Dating. It’s easy to accidentally post too much information about yourself, including things like your job, income level, and view on politics. It’s best not to post anything that would give away too much information about your real-life social life.
- Be careful not to send too many messages to a person you’re interested in. Facebook Dating won’t let you send more than three private messages to a single person in a single 24-hour period.
Facebook Dating Login
Facebook Dating Login is all about how you access your facebook dating profile account. Here is how to get that done right away:
- Turn on your mobile phone
- Next, locate and tap facebook app on your device
- Afterward, login your facebook profile account
- Now, tap on the menu button at the top right corner of the facebook app
- Tap dating and you will be taken to your facebook dating profile page