In today’s article, we are going to be teaching everything you need to know about How to Delete Facebook Account Permanently In 2022. Yes, during the course of this post, you will see the steps I used to permanently delete my Facebook account.
So, if you are among the numerous android users and searching for a guide on Permanently deleting your account, this article has gotten you covered. Continue reading below and please don’t forget to share this article with your friends and loved ones!!!
Nevertheless, before we shall proceed with the guide on Deleting your Facebook account, let us first off, consider how to create a facebook account:
Facebook App Account Profile
If you are an online user and looking for a guide on How to Delete Facebook Account Permanently In 2022, here are the steps you need to follow to signup for an account that will allow you to access facebook page:
- Launch your android phone
- Next, tap on the play store and search for facebook app
- Tap download on the play store
- Wait for the app to download and then tap install
- Once the app installed, tap to open it
- When you are taken to the facebook app homepage, tap on the create new account
- Now, you will need to fill out the form by entering your first and last name, phone number or email address, password, date or birth as well as gender
- Next, tap signup to continue
- Afterward, copy and enter the confirmation code sent to you in the required field
How To Sign Up On Facebook Using Desktop
Here are the steps you need to follow to successfully sign up on Facebook;
- Open the Facebook site, www.facebook.com.
- Once you have done that, you can now click the “create new account” link at the top or bottom of the screen or page.
- After that, you will see another page, with some empty boxes.
- Those boxes should contain information about you.
- Now fill in your names, email or phone number, password, gender and your birthday.
- When all this is done correctly, click the signup button.
- Then you will be sent a confirmation message to your email or phone number.
- The message contains digits to confirm your sign up.
- Type in those digits in the confirmation box on Facebook.
- After that click the “continue” link.
Now you have fully completed your sign up steps and you are now a Facebook user.
Congratulation, your account is now live on Facebook. You can now start using the platform to access several things on Facebook.
Facebook Account Login Steps
If you have an account on facebook and want to figure out how to login, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit facebook.com on your browser
- Next, locate you will see where you can enter your login details. Now, enter either your phone number or email address that is linked to the account
- Enter password
- Now, click login and you will be taken to your account
It is that simple and easy. Once you do that, you will be taken to your facebook profile. Having outlined that, let’s now proceed with the business of the day, How to Delete Facebook Account Permanently In 2022 | Permanently deleting your account.
People are also reading:
Facebook makes it possible to delete your Facebook profile – images, messages, videos, and good friends – however before you burn your Facebook bridge and leave the world’s biggest social media network, there are a couple of techniques worth checking out. Facebook can be at its most annoying when bombarding you with notifications, although these notifications are custom-defined.
By default, nearly any action on Facebook whether that of your friends or of your personal activity triggers an alert and the majority of those actions instantly fire off an e-mail to let you understand that something has occurred in your account.
The news about Facebook users’ data and controversies surrounding it in early 2018 in Britain brought a realization of the exposure to data theft on the platform. The Cambridge Analytica scandal is one of the many stories, which have proven the vulnerability of personal data. It was reported that the personal information of millions of people is at stake and has prompted a significant number to consider quitting the platform.
So if you have made the decision to avoid this risk of exposing your data or are merely interested in deactivating the platform, certainly, you have an effective way out. You can get rid of it completely or temporarily by deactivating the Facebook account.
The difference between Temporary Deactivation and Permanent Deletion
Most users in their decision ponder what exactly is the significance of either deleting a Facebook account or simply deactivate it. So many people worry if they are not about to completely delete their Facebook account when they had the intention of simply deactivating it for a short time.
On the other hand, it is frustrating to delete an account only to learn later that it still exists. The real difference is; deactivation provides the flexibility to return whenever you are ready while deleting means you have permanently ended your association with the platform, although using those particular details. Another account can be created later. Here is how to delete a Facebook page.
The set program is; the account will be deactivated for a month before permanent deletion. This period gives the user enough time to re-think their position and if they want to change their mind.
By the end of the month, some people realize the account was more reliable or important so they get back to it. Any signing in during this period means you forfeit the decision to proceed with the deletion.
You will be urged to switch to the deactivation request, but this will deter your efforts for permanent deletion. Ignore this request and instead revoke any app permissions. Follow through by removing all Facebook apps from your devices. You may also choose the account deletion epitaph so your friends can be notified of your departure.
You do not want people striving to look for you to no avail because they are not aware of the departure. Some of your important messages can also go wasted and unanswered so avoid the inconvenience by using an epitaph.
What happens to the data?
Basically, deleting the account should rid the account of all data related to you. However, it is a long process that takes up to 3 months. According to closer sources, the National Security Agency Surveillance reports that the data may never be wiped away completely at any time. There are many data-privacy breaches organizations, which hold the same views as well.
Backing up your data before deleting is also a choice to make if you want to save some of the details. You can still wipe out your presence from access to friends. You may remove any sensitive content posted and contact friends about content, which you wish deleted.
Leaving Social Data Behind
Regardless of how keen you are to wipe out all data, there may be some information on your personal identity, which remains. It could be as easy as a name on a message or tagged photo. Unless you have authority over the platform from a top managerial spot, it would be impossible to practically clean out everything about you.
As a regular user, you retain little control over such things. The best thing you can do is simply ask your friends to keep away from your information by respecting your choice of privacy.
What Next after deleting?
Facebook has the ability to track non-users in many ways and is as easy as using the ‘like’ button. To avoid being tracked again, minimize your comments and like/dislike to keep your privacy. You may also use a tracking blocker app to intensify your privacy.
Some people choose to use privacy-enhanced browsers such as Brave to limit exposure and the risk of being tracked. The most effective method today to remain discreet is VPN. Beware that since Facebook owns WhatsApp and other products, which you may still be enrolled in, it is easy to track you back.
What to do before proceeding to delete your Facebook Account Completely.
Before you delete your Facebook account, I would like to share with you some important things that you may or should remember to do before giving up your social life.
Here are five essential things you should consider before deleting your Facebook profile:
1. Be Very Sure You Want To Leave Facebook:
If you have decided to leave Facebook, be sure that you have made that decision correctly and you won’t click on any ‘like’ button, you won’t wish to chat with anyone on Facebook, and you won’t wish to browse any Facebook page. This is because some people decide to delete their account, but just a day after deleting their account, they log back in and like statuses, chat with friends, and other kinds of stuff.
2. Give Your Pages And Groups To Other Users:
If you have created a group or a page on Facebook, and other members are happy using your group or sharing news on your page, let them keep on enjoying Facebook and don’t take the group away from them simply because you want to leave Facebook. Just grant admin privileges to other members of that group or page and let them enjoy while you are out of Facebook.
3. Inform Your Friends:
It’s a good idea to let your close friends and acquaintances know that they won’t find you on Facebook anymore. Just inform them that you are about to delete your Facebook account, by doing this, you can exchange contacts and other means of communication with some other good friends that you will miss and who will miss you on Facebook.
4. Download Your Information:
It’s also a good idea to download your data from Facebook, these may include your messages, photos, videos, contacts, and other stuff. To download your information from Facebook, read this help: https://www.facebook.com/help/131112897028467
5. Uninstall Mobile Apps, Clear Your Browser History And Log In Sessions:
The last thing to consider and remember to do is to uninstall your Facebook app on your mobile devices and also clear your Facebook log-in sessions and history. This will help you because someone else can use your device, either mobile or desktop computer, and log in again, reactivating your account in the process if you have left the option of your password being remembered on your device.
How to deactivate Facebook
Here are the steps you need to follow for deactivation
On the top right of your Facebook page; find the account drop-down menu
- Choose ‘settings.’
- Select ‘general.’
- Select ‘manage your account.’
- Click ‘Deactivate your account.’
You will be prompted to follow some steps, which confirm and re-confirm your decision. Re-activating in case you need to get back is as easy as logging in with your email and password to verify you are the user. Your profile automatically re-installs.
You can as well click on this URL to temporarily deactivate your profile.
Permanently deleting your account
After backing up your Facebook data, it is safe to delete your Facebook account permanently
- Like the deactivation process, select the settings on the top right of your Facebook page
- Select ‘download a copy of your Facebook data on the lower left
- Select ‘Start My Archive’
This action will initiate the download of information concerning your Facebook profile. You should be careful to keep it safe too; because it is your personal data.
Click this link after backing up your data to permanently close your Facebook account or copy and paste this in any web browser of your choice.
If you still get stuck, go here www.facebook.com/help/delete_account on your browser after you’ve logged into your browser.
We have shown you detailed ways of deleting your Facebook account, which we made extremely straightforward and easy to carry out.
I hope those steps were easy to try out.
Well, a few more things to consider:
- When you delete a Facebook account, it is not completely deleted, and you must wait for a minimum of 2 weeks before the account deletion is complete
- If you visit your Facebook account during this interval, it implies you have canceled out the deletion process
- When you completely delete an account, it can never be recovered. That is why it is advisable to back up your files and Facebook data before you delete your account permanently. You don’t want to risk losing those amazing pictures, moments, and fun times.
- You can verify that your account has been deleted by simply searching with a friend’s account.
But when you deactivate your account? What happens
- Your account is temporarily closed and can be reopened anytime by simply logging in
- During this period, you will not receive any notification of activities on your account.
How to Delete the Account of a Deceased Person
If you have lost your loved one, you can contact Facebook so that they can delete that account, or they can memorize it.
- To request the removal of your loved one’s account, read this help:
- Click on the question mark (‘?’) in the right-hand corner of the page,
- Click on ‘Help Center,’ you will be taken to Facebook Help Centre,
- On the search box, type ‘deceased user delete.’
- Then choose ‘memorialize’ or ‘delete’ account.
Facebook requires you to fill out an online form and upload documentation.
Watch Video Tutorial
Remember, if you don’t want to delete your Facebook account permanently, you can deactivate your Facebook account temporarily pending when you want to start using your account again.
Permanently deleting an account is considered a serious decision. Ensure your mind is absolutely made up before you proceed. Whether you are impressed or not, social media is engraved in modern society, and is not easy getting out of it. Your decision to leave might likely affect relationships, lower your opportunities for job opportunities and chances to interact widely or build networks with real people. This means you need to think through the consequences before making this serious decision.
I hope you were able to get rid of Facebook with the help of this article? Remember to drop your suggestions, comments, and questions in the comment box. Also, hit on the share buttons to recommend others to read. Thank you!