How to delete your Best Buy account is what we will be discussing in the course of this article. Thus, if you are here because you are in dire need of the processes involved in deleting Best Buy account, this article has gotten you covered. Here, we will expose you to the in-depth tutorial how to cancel best buy account fast and immediately.
Continue reading below and please don’t hesitate to share it wit your friends and loved ones so that they will also get to know about it.
How to delete best buy account is pretty simple and easy. However, before we shall proceed with the processes involved in getting that done, let’s first off, take a look at what it is all about.
What Is Best Buy?
According to Wikipedia, Best Buy Co., Inc. has its headquartered in Richfield, Minnesota and although it was originally founded by Richard M. Schulze and James Wheeler in 1966 as an audio specialty store called Sound of Music, it was later in 1983 rebranded under its current name with an emphasis on consumer electronics.
Interestingly, the company is an American multinational consumer electronics retailer and its operates internationally in Canada, and formerly operated in China until February 2011 (when the faction was merged with Five Star) and in Mexico until December 2020 (due to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic).
Having outlined that, let’s now proceed with proceed with how to delete best buy account.
Things To Note Before Deleting Best Buy Account
It is important to note the following before you proceed to delete your best buy account:
- Once you delete your best buy account, you will no longer have a Best Buy account. If you have an online account, your username and password will be deleted unless you have an active service plan or contract.
- When you delete your best buy account, you will lose your order and purchase history.
- Deleting your best buy account permanently is not reversible.
Another thing that is worthy of note is that there are information that best buy won’t delete. The information are as follows:
- In-progress orders, purchases or service transactions on best buy.
- Geek Squad® Protection Plans on best buy.
- My Best Buy® Credit Cardon best buy.
- My Best Buy program membership on best buy.
- Total Tech Support™ membership on best buy.
How to delete your Best Buy account
As we have earlier outlined, we will show you the different methods you will need to follow to easily delete your best buy account. Just follow the different methods below
How To Delete Best Buy Account Via Live Chat
To delete your best buy account via live chat, do the following:
- Go to bestbuy.com on your browser
- Click on your country and then you will be taken to the best buy platform
- Next, you will need to locate my account button at the top right corner of the best buy homepage
- Click on the my account option and then click sign in
- Enter your email address and password
- Click sign in and you will be taken to your profile account
- Next, go to the left column of the page and click menu
- From the dropdown, click support & services
- Now, click Visit our Support Center
- Afterward, you will need to scroll down to the account section and then click on see all options
- Once you get that done, check through the options and click total techsupport dashboard.
- Next, locate and click on the Chat with an Agent option
- The above steps will open a chat box
- Now, you will need to enter your message in the space provided. Here, you will need to tell the agent to delete your account. To get it done easily, ensure you provide all the information that you are asked to provide and your account will be deleted if deemed fit to do so.
How To Delete Best Buy Account Via Live Call
Just like the above steps, you can easily get your best buy account deleted by putting a call through to the company customer care. All you need o do is to call this helpdesk line: 1-888-237-8289
Here, once a call representative pick your call, you will have to provide the person with the needed information and they will get you through the processes you need to follow to easily delete your account free of charge.
How To Delete Best Buy Account Via Ticket
Another means of deleting your best buy account is by submitting a ticket. Here, it is important to note the following:
- If the best buy team find a match for your information in their records, they will send you instructions to verify your identity.
- Yes, the verification process is time sensitive.
- You must complete the verification process within 24 hours of receiving an email or text and within 14 days of receiving a letter in the mail.
- Once they are sure it’s you, they will begin deleting your information.
So, in essence, it is pertinent you provided all the required information accordingly to avoid being rejected.
You can also visit the best buy forum center via this link: http://forums.bestbuy.com/
How To Delete Best Buy Account Via Direct Mail
Sending an email to best buy customer care can also be a quick means of getting your account deleted from the platform. All you need to do is to open your mail and click on compose button. Enter the best buy email which is this: email@example.com
Next, enter the title of your mail: I want to delete my best buy account
Provide all your information in the body of the mail.
Also write the reason why you want to delete your account. When you are done, send the email and then wait for a reply.
Interestingly, they will have to verify that you are the owner of the account before they will proceed in getting it deleted.
That is it. We have covered all the processes you need to follow to easily get your account deleted on the best buy online marketing platform.
Was this information helpful?
Please let’s know by commenting in the box below. Again, please don’t forget to share this article with your friends and loved ones so that will also get to know how to delete account on best buy platform.